A new rocking chair pad and cover complete! This was an absolute must. The rocking chair came with no pad over a year ago and a new pad was on the “Must Do” list for the longest time. So over the summer I finally buckled down and got it done. I used 3″ thick padding, and I probably would have been happy with 2″ as the 3″ felt a bit too thick, but it works well. I made up the pattern according to the dimensions of the chair and it fits like a glove! I chose a soft Duck Cotton and it worked up beautifully. My one mistake, I didn’t pay close attention when I cut my pieces out. So I essentially cut with the pattern going in the opposite direction of what I intended, but it worked out fine and it’s growing on me.